Wednesday, February 2, 2011

stories from birmingham I

Hi guys,

I do hope this post find you well. It has been 3 weeks since I left Singapore and lots of things had happened, be it in Singapore or here in Birmingham.

Hmm.. I promise stories, so here goes. =)

I walk way way more here than in Singapore. Be thankful for what you have! There is no shuttle bus whatsoever to go to the campus. So, I have to walk for 15 - 20 minutes to reach school. You think it's fine? Try walking when it is 0 degree C or minus degree C. It is horrible. Even wearing 3 / 4 layers are not enough. And your extremities, ears, hands will just freeze. When it's negative, the canal just outside my university will be frozen - at least the surface. I tried step on it and crack it. =) It's kinda scary and fun at the same time. When it's negative, the view outside my room will be white. The grass will be icy! It's actually kinda cool =) The car will have a thin layer of ice as well.. You can write your name on it. =)

The lessons here is quite relax compared to NUS. But here comes the scary part, 100% examination. Once I fail, I will fail, as simple as that. But, as SEP student, it's a rule to keep relax and focus more on your plan on travelling rather than study. So far, I think I still can manage to do it. =) How're your classes? Fine?

I felt old here in my flat. Most of them are 18 - 19 years old, though truthfully, even among you I can be considered old. But, almost all of them look older and more mature than me. They are actually quite nice. But, they club like almost everyday when the school just started. Drink almost every day as well. And sometimes you can hear people have sex, kind of, all the screaming and giggling. It scared me. I went clubbing once, and people make out like almost everywhere you turn to. And, the girls wear dress that is 30cm above their knee without stocking in the freezing weather. Amazing, if you think about it. But one of my friend said they actually dress to get laid. When I think of it it's kinda true. Honestly, I can't fit in to that kind of culture. The music was so loud, I was deaf for 3 hours after I went back from the club.

I miss you all. I miss the peacefulness and the routine back in Singapore.
Fennita - nobody I can share stories with so freely.
Tjokro - nobody is so diligently asking for having lunch together (we had dinner together though)
Kage - Nobody I can tease so easily
Cus - Nobody has eyes as small as you and nobody is as offensive as you
Har - Nobody as quiet and scary as you
Praj - Polar bear - if my visa is done, I think I can visit you in Stockholm!
Hans - we are so near yet so far, hope you can survive
Flic - Thanks for the book, nobody as eccentric as you! How's the succession of president of PINUS
Revata - Nobody asks me advice about relationship anymore. =) haha3.. there's one guy who is super romantic here though
Marlyna - Nobody as artsy as you, yet. =)
Aniki - Nobody looks like my sibling anymore.. ><
JK - Nobody is as crazy as you.

Miss you so much!

No more cooking together time.
Not ignored because nobody plays Dota here.
Nobody is playing guitar.

Hope you're all fine in Singapore, Stockholm, and Bristol!

Xin Nian Guai Le! Happy holidays!

9 comments:

Kevin said...

Xin nian kuai le!! Gong xi gong xi!

wah, jgn ikut2an culture sana ya dan yg pasti jgn lupa oleh2nya, hahaha..
hope u can survive and do well there :)
salam dr Jurong Island, hahaha

Unknown said...

Christinaaa miss u lotssss

hope u are doing well there... ia,like Kage's comment, jangan ikut2an yg ga baek&jgn lupa oleh2,tetep deket sama Tuhan.
Kalo mo crita2 panggil gw di msn,i'm more than willing to hear.

Happy CNY yeah, ada yg CNY ga dsana?haha

reqz said...

yeaps! those NUS students! be super thankful! i need to walk down to the campus "just" 40 mins in -1 degree. walking there is ok, walking back is not though.. kadang uda kecapean gtu untung bgt beli energy bar gtu di tas, kalo ga dingin gtu bisa pusing sampe hampir mau pingsan.. haha.. well, printing here is ex! (5 pence per page).. everything is ex! i hope UK treats me well. oh ya, i miss those lil n cute grains called rice..

whoaa, yups, apparently di UK yg boleh tinggal di hall cuman anak year 1, jadiny mreka skitar 18-19, and that's true, mreka uda gila2an drinking culturenya haha.
ga ada chinatown di Bristol, gw ga tau si Chris ada atau ga gtu di Birmingham..

7% org Bristol LGBT, jadi kadang bisa ngeliat yg nggak2 di jalanan.. pelajaran lumayan berat, tapi ga sampe 100% exam gtu, hehe, mostly skitar 70% examnya..

jadiiii... ya sudahlah, enjoy urself for everyone of you! yang di korea (calon), yang di birmingham, yang di berlin n stockholm, yang di medan, yang di jakarta, yang di singapur, hahaha. all the best! see ya in 5 months!

happy cny! blessings for everyone!

™© said...

wootsss...
Ud mulai keluar cerita2 yang SEP.. wkwk
Di sini jg ada cerita donk, masak SG segitu menyedihkannya..
Mari kita lihat, hmmm
Sebelum liburan CNY di SG hujan
Hari sebelumnya hujan jg
Hari sebelumnya lagi hujan jg..
......

Sekarang makin lama makin sepi neh, cus barusan pergi lagi cari cewek KOrea.... wkwk

CuS said...

eh iya Happy CNY juga semua!! :)

btw receptionist yang di hotel tmpt gw ni ada yang mirip lo Chris, huahahahaha

reqz said...

eh mstiny coba caritau gmn ya cara like2 komen gtu di blog haha, si aniki tau ga ya? pgn ngelike tapi ga bisa haha.

™© said...

Di settingnya sih harusnya ada
tapi gak tahu knp gak muncul
Hoho

Marlyna said...

LGBT itu apa hans??
wew, walking in minus degree kayak serem gt @.@

meanwhatyousay said...

LGBT itu lesbian gay bisex transgender. =)